In 2022 there are some changes to the process for importing products of animal origin (POAO) into the UK. The changes are a result of the Great Britain leaving the EU.
Imports of Products, Animals, Food and Feed System (IPAFFS) is the UK alternative to the EU NT Traces System used for the purpose of notifying enforcement authorities about imports of live animals, animal products and high risk food and feed not of animal origin into Great Britain.
PRENOTIFICATIONS ON IPAFFS
Prenotification on IPAFFs begins on 1st January 2022 and businesses should begin the registration process now to become familiar with the system ahead of the January deadline.
DEFRA have been having a series of webinars in November 2021 to help businesses become familiar with the new requirements.
IDENTIFYING PRODUCTS THAT REQUIRE PRE- NOTIFICATION
If your product does not meet the exemption requirements laid out in Annex II, Article 6.2 Decision 2007/ 275 then a prenotification will be required.
WHEN TO SUBMIT PRENOTIFICATIONS.
According to the EU Official Controls Regulation (OCR) – Regulation (EU) 2017/625 pre- notifications needs to be submitted
- 1 working day before the consignment arrives into GB when arriving from a Third Country.
- 24 hours before the consignment arrives when it is arriving from the EU, or EEA.
- 4 hours- (a concession for prenotifications is in place from 1st January 2022 until 30th June 2022, after which the competent authority must be contacted to submit prenotifications sooner than 24 hours before the consignment arrives in GB).
GOODS IN TRANSIT
All animal products that are transiting through GB will need to submit prenotification before they enter GB, and when they leave the country.
A simplified pre- notification will be in place starting from 1st January 2022 until 1st July 2022 when additional information will be required.
What business can do now to prepare
- Register for IPAFFs.
- Identify the products which require pre- notification.
- Gather all the information needed for pre-notification.
If you would like to discuss how Pack Copy Sent can support your business, please email firstname.lastname@example.org